Wednesday, February 16, 2022

WIP Weds




I thought it might be interesting to share my works in progress with everybody. I'll be posting snippets from these on weds. Let me know if you like this or not and I'm always in the market for advice. 

Working Title: Spring (Seasons Book 1) 

"Spring glanced up from her paperwork as her sister Autumn came in and flopped down in one of the plush floral print chairs before her desk. As she let out a long sigh, Spring set down her pen and looked up. 

“What's up?” 

“Greg's acting like an ass.” 

Spring leveled her a look over her reading glasses. “You're dating a boogeyman. What do you expect?” 

Autumn shrugged. “Do you have any chocolate?” 

Spring rolled her eyes, and reached down opening the bottom drawer of her desk. Of course, she always had chocolate. If she didn't have at least one way to relieve stress she'd go crazy. Pulling out a dark chocolate Easter rabbit she, sat up and tossed it over the desk to Autumn. “Why's it missing it's head?” 

“Stress relief,” Spring replied, sliding the drawer shut with her foot. “Now I have a meeting in five so go talk to Summer, she understands you and the boogey better than I do.” 

“Are you sure, Mom shouldn't have called you Winter? You're turning into an ice queen all of a sudden,” Autumn said standing and walking to the door. 

“Autumn, wait.” Spring got to her feet. “Sorry, this year has just been crazy and with the snow fairy strike. I'm being ganged up to have an early spring, but I don't know if we're ready.” Pulling off her glasses she sighed setting them on the papers she was looking at. “I'm not trying to be an ice queen I'm just stressed.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment