Sunday, January 23, 2022

Sunday Post #2: Should I or Shouldn't I



I'm signing up with the Caffeinated Reviewer for Sunday Post and The Book Date for It's Monday What are you Reading.

 I'm having a little trouble coming up with stuff to talk about life wise in these posts because my life is pretty boring. I get up get the kids off to school, go to work, come home and do it all again the next day. I am considering doing something and I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not. I'm thinking about getting back into writing. Just as a way to get things out of my head. Probably self publish on somewhere like Smashwords, since it won't be up to Amazon standards. I can't afford to have it properly edited and I'll be doing the covers myself, but just a little hobby to get all of the stuff in my head out so I can think. Ok I know that sounds weird but you'd understand if you are or were a writer. 

Thoughts? Advice?

Ok on to the bookish stuff. I've been binge listening to Molly Harper's Mystic Bayou Series as it's part of my Audible subscription and I'm only going to have it for a few more weeks. I got 3 months for $5.95 a month but I can't afford full price so I'll be back to being an Audible peasant. It ok though as long as I can keep up with Kindle Unlimited I will be fine. That subscription had paid for it's self in spades. 

I'm unsure if I will be able to finish The Lady and The Orc. The female MC is getting on my nerves she's waffling back and forth. Listen lady shit or get off the pot (as my mother would say). Either you like the massive orc cock or you don't. And the whole my husband will save me, uh your husband was a twatwaffle and is probably happy that your gone, at least that the impression. Anyway you can see that if I do finish it and post the review the book has to do a pretty impressive one eighty to get my appreciation. Of course I've also reached an age where if I don't like something I'm going to DNF it and move on cause I ain't got time to waste on things, that in the immortals words of Shania Twain, "Don't impress me much." 

Well I guess I should just stick to the book talk as I seem to be able to find a lot to say about those.

Currently Reading/ Listening to:








Finished this week:










What happened on the blog this week:

2022 Audiobook Challenge

Teaser Tuesday #2

Book Review: The Cave by Adrian Blue

Book Review: Love and Other Wild Things (Mystic Bayou #2) by Molly Harper

Book Tour: Rogue Black Dagger MC Book 1 by M.D. Stewart

Not Quite a Bookish Post

13 comments:

  1. I totally understand the rinse and repeat days. I kind of like to think of my Sunday Post weekly recap like a short journal. I try not to make them too lengthy, but I do like the idea of coming back to see what I was up to any particular week.

    I say write if you enjoy it. Whether you publish it or not is totally up to you, but at least you'll have the option if you do it. And who knows, maybe you could have it edited at a later date.

    Have a great week! Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for advice. I think I'm going to do it, just for fun. Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Yeah my life isn’t noteworthy either :)
    If you want to write you should, you don’t have to produce perfection, just make yourself happy.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. i get what you mean about stuff to talk about. happy reading
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting to write a bit every day is an important routine I think. Goo luck with your writing career!
    My post is here: https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/01/23/sunday-post-50-1-23-2022/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rinse and repeat sounds like my life too. I read one Molly Harper book back in 2009 and bought more but they are still on TBR mountain. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a wonderful author, I really enjoy her wit and writing style.

      Delete
  6. I think your writing idea sounds great! If you feel like you have stories to tell you should share them. :)

    lol about the Lady and the Orc. Hope it got better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do too. I've kinda pushed it aside and need to try to get back into it. Hope you have a great week.

      Delete
  7. If writing makes you happy, you should go for it.

    I've never bothered with an Audible subscription. I find more than enough to listen to on Overdrive with my library card. I do admit that the full cast production of Sandman makes me waver a bit though.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete